A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Books by The Blonde


I had the idea for this one for AGES but hadn't found the time to shoot it, so at 6am this morning I finally thought "Right lets do it!" I set up a mini home studio with some lights and a reflector and my camera on a tripod to get the good image quality on a low ISO, and used my depth of field technique from a few weeks ago. I then thought the old book and the heart shape lent itself to a romantic sepia tone finish in editing, and am really pleased with it! I like the intriguing glimpse of a diagram on the right hand side and the depth of field leading your eye through the heart. You can see the B&W version below and also my other idea, which was the books we make ourselves in life. This one is my Engagement and Wedding Planning book, which I hope to use as I plan and then as a lovely memory book in years to come! (It's all very romantic with The Blonde right now as you can see from my subject matter choices!)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful photo! I definitely think the colour photo works best. For me the photo has everything from the depth of field, the perfect lighting and the thought into putting the presentation together. A really top effort and so much for me to learn from :)

    ReplyDelete