A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Night by The Brunette


I was in several minds as to what to shoot for Night and had a few ideas, none of which manifested! I blame it on having the busiest two weeks ever leading up to my wedding, so when I looked out the window one evening and saw the most beautiful autumn moon, I decided to strike while the iron was hot! I set up my tripod and tried ALL kinds of different exposures. It's not easy to get it spot on without over exposing, to retain detail and not get too noisy, and to make it interesting. I was lucky as it was a cloudy night, and that combined with the fact that the moon is not yet full gave a mysterious ghostly feel to the shot. I tweaked colour saturation in editing, but that's all, the rest was all there, nothing added, i'm pretty pleased with it! And know it's something I will want to try shooting again and again!



1 comment:

  1. I love the effect of the clouds and the colour saturation. It certainly does have a ghostly feel to it, and reminds me weirdly of the Dr Who opening title sequence! It is just the most beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete