A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Thursday 12 April 2012

Wednesday 13:30 by TJ


This was an interesting challenge doing the specific Wednesday 1:30pm time of day. I ended up using both  Wednesdays to try out different ideas. Unfortunately with the arrival of my brother working with me now, all my driving around has suddenly stopped and therefore all the different 1:30pm photo opportunities. So my photo had to come from me being at work. However it does tell a story. Firstly look at the wooden work surface... A hand crafted table made by my dad going back over 30 years ago. It is used to make special small runs of bags and over the years has literally been part of the manufacture of thousands of orders! This particular job was a small run of special length bags, so I pull the polythene film out and then cut it to length before heat sealing one end making it into a bag. It is an integral part of the business. The photo is quite grainy due to the poor lighting conditions as there is a wooden mezzanine floor above the bench which cuts out a lot of the natural light.

For the other photos I tried a black and white version of the original photo which I liked, but didn't feel added anything so I went with the colour version. The other two photos are my attempts from the previous Wednesday. The time of 1:30pm on the computer was an idea I thought about, but discarded. I also am looking after some dogs at work a lot of the time at the moment, and 1:30 is usually lunchtime walk time so "Storm" in the photo was waiting for me to put her lead on.




No comments:

Post a Comment