A journey of photographic adventure, Two Views was born by two friends having a blast and learning from each other on a photo shoot in the autumn sunshine, asking the question “How can we continue to push our photographic boundaries in terms of technical knowledge, new challenges and creativity and have fun at the same time?” The answer we came up with was to set ourselves a project every two weeks, and then publish the results together. Two Views of the same subject / idea or technical approach. By the end of this year we will have covered 26 subjects and produced at least 50+ awesome photographs, and have learned a huge amount along the way! We’d love your comments, critiques and ideas, and if you want to “play along” too, please do let us have your shots by links in the comments sections! TJ & The Brunette

Tuesday 10 January 2012

New Year Resolutions by TJ


Not an easy topic this for me for two reasons. One I usually try to steer clear of the whole idea of new year resolutions these days, as they invariably are broken early into the new year. In fact my mum suggested I photograph something broken, which was an interesting idea. Secondly the whole idea of photographing the concept of a new year resolution was not easy. For instance I had no intention of going on a diet, cutting back on drinking or increasing my physical exercise. The one thing I want to do this year is to live to the full as much as possible, seize the day grabbing every opportunity that comes my way and to fully appreciate what the world has to offer. My photo is my interpretation of those aims. It was not easy to get it right. I bought an inflatable globe, which was supposed to be blue, but instead came as clear, which made photographing it much more difficult as I wanted it to be opaque set against a black background. I wore black clothing, but as you can see from the images below the globe was a bit too big so I couldn't get a complete black background with my clothing, and it took a while for me to get a photo with my hands and the globe in the correct position. So I had to spend ages editing it using a black flood fill to fill in the gaps and then the clone tool to touch up the gaps left. Let's hope 2012 runs a little more smoothly than the process creating this image!

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like it with a clear globe, makes it more artistic somehow, and although it was a real pain in post production, its a seamless finish so has really honed your editing skills too! It's quite a powerful shot! Are you sure you aren't going for world domination??? :)

    ReplyDelete